Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Who's the "weird dude" now, Mr. Nunberg

Ex-Trump aide Sam Nunberg told CNN recently "I believe that Carter Page was colluding with the Russian. That Carter Page is a weird dude". Setting aside the incredibly unprofessional language, and the fact that Carter Page probably IS a weird dude (all Trump aides are probably somewhere along that spectrum), Mr. Nunberg's recent antics single him out as "weird plus".
Nunberg has promised to defy a subpoena from special council Robert Mueller to have him appear in front of  grand jury, saying things like "Arrest me!" and "I'm not co-operating". Just how old is this guy? This is the same kind of attention-grabbing instant-gratification childishness we have seen so often from Mr. Trump himself.
Yet, unlike most of Trump's lackeys, Nunberg also seems perfectly happy to dump on the President himself ("I think he may have done something during the election"), which is at least refreshing. Indeed, he has gone so far as to blame Trump for the whole Russian meddling inquest, "because he is so stupid". (You can kind of see why he is no longer on the team.) He has referred to Trump as "the Manchurian candidate", which gives the impression that he maybe feels himself to be a bit-player in a political movie of some sort.
Mind you, just a short time after expressing his defiance to CNN, Nunberg admitted to the Associated Press that, "I'm going to end up end up co-operating with them". And then the clincher to MSNBC, "I think it would be funny if they arrested me".
It might actually be quite amusing (in a depressing sort of way) to have Nunberg testify in front of a jury. But, frankly, I'm not sure I'd believe a word the guys says, oath or no oath. Weird dude, that Sam Nunberg.

No comments: