Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Margaret Wente barks up the wrong tree (Part 56)

I may as well share the letter I fired off to the Globe and Mail this morning (actually printed the next day):
I can feel my blood pressure start to rise as soon as I start reading any Margaret Wente columns, especially ones on her pet peeves, renewable energy and climate change. I don’t know why I still do it; I know what she is going to say.
Today, in her column entitled “Renewables Aren’t Enough”, she asks “which way is more likely to succeed”: do what we can, as fast as we can, with currently available renewable technology, in order to give us more time to come up with a more comprehensive solution; or do absolutely nothing, and hope that some whizz-bang scientists from Google come up with a magic invention that works, that we can afford, that isn’t too late, and that doesn’t make a bunch of other things worse in the process.
Somehow, Ms. Wente endorses the latter.
 

No comments: